Health Care Workforce Reserve for COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Indiana is looking to support our heath workforce in any way possible.
The Indiana State Department of Health has tasked the Bowen Center with collecting information from potential health care professionals and students volunteers and then sharing that information with hospitals in need of more workforce support.
If you are a licensed health care porfessional, a healthcare student, or a health care facility in need, please fill out the respective form below.
Licensed Health Care Professionals
Retired, inactive, or wishing to serve extra hours.
Please fill out this survey about your expertise, hours, and preferred placement.
Are you a student in a health care-related field wishing to serve as support staff for COVID-19?
Please fill out this survey about your experience, hours, and preferred placement.
Health Care Facilities
In need of additional support from licensed health care professionals and/or students?
Please fill out this survey to be connected with potential volunteers.
Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 Health Workforce Professionals and Student Reserve
Process/Completing the Survey/Updating Your Response
- I have completed the survey, what happens next?
Your survey responses are matched with a requestor’s specific personnel needs. The Bowen Center will be matching requestor’s needs with available personnel (you!). The requestor will be provided a list of available personnel that may meet their request and they may be in touch with you via email with next steps. If your information is provided by us to an employer, we will also send you an email to give you a heads up that someone may be in touch to discuss next steps.
- How soon should I expect to hear from someone after I complete the survey?
Likely very soon. Once you have submitted your survey, health care facilities may reach out to you with available opportunities. If your information has been provided to a facility, you will receive an email from the Bowen Center with the facility’s request to let you know that they may be in touch.
- Are the emailed surveys that I am receiving legitimate?
Yes. The Indiana State Department of Health has requested that the Bowen Center for Health Workforce Research & Policy (Bowen Center) assist with connecting available personnel to facilities or organizations that need them.
- How do I update my responses once I have completed the survey?
Provide your updated information on the update survey. These will be sent once per week (but may be sent every other day to non-respondents until a response is received).
One of the most important factors that influence the success illinois hookups of street dating was and still is the appearance. No matter how beautiful your inner world is, a girl will be judged by her clothes in the first few seconds.
- How do I remove my name from the reserve list?
If you would like to remove your name from the reserve list, please reply to the update survey and indicated “I am not available to serve.” No future emails or communications will be sent to these individuals. (Note: We have no ability to control the information that may have already been provided to facilities when you had previously indicated availability. However, we will not send your information to any new personnel requests.)
- Does completing the survey commit me to working?
No. You will be able to accept or decline any open opportunities that are presented to you.
- Are these paid positions?
This will be determined by the employer. Once you complete the survey, your information will be sent to open positions that match your preferences and the employer’s need (geography, setting). If you are matched to a personnel need, you may communicate with the health facility/requestor directly to discuss specific employment arrangements, including compensation.
- What days and hours am I expected to work?
(See previous response). If you are matched to a personnel need, you may communicate with the health facility/requestor directly to discuss specific employment arrangements, including shift.
- How do I indicate that I can only volunteer part-time/work specific hours?
Please indicate on the update survey whether you are available for part or full-time arrangements. Specific availability (ex: days of the week or shift preferences) may be communicated directly with the employer once the connection is made.
- Are you accepting mental health professionals?
Yes. Employers are looking for additional personnel in all types of roles and offering all types and levels of services.
- Are remote/telehealth opportunities available?
Yes. Currently, health care facilities/organizations are looking for additional personnel in all types of roles that offer all types and levels of services.
- Relevant guidance:
- See Governor Holcomb’s recent Executive Orders: https://www.in.gov/gov/2384.htm. Of specific interest:
- Executive Order 20-05 (out-of-state licensees, mental health professionals and telemedicine):
- Executive Order 20-13 (temporary licenses for retirees, recent graduates from specific professions training programs, and out-of-state health professionals)
- See the Professional Licensing Agency’s guidance here and here
- Can I volunteer if my license is expired?
Yes, see the Professional Licensing Agency’s message on extending license expirations dates for further information.
- Can I serve if I have a license from another state?
- Can I volunteer if I have not been actively working or am retired?
Yes, see Executive Order 20-13 and the Professional Licensing Agency’s COVID-19 Temporary Healthcare Provider Registry webpage for additional details.
- Will I be covered by insurance during my time as a volunteer?
Guidance for Healthcare Liability: For information about how COVID-19 is impact the liability of healthcare providers, please review the guidance found HERE.
For any other questions, please contact the Bowen Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.